A microgreen mix that will brighten your day and nourish your body!
Packed with an array of flavors, textures, and vibrant colors, this blend is a delightful addition to your culinary adventures and a powerhouse of nutrition.
The Good Day Blend is carefully crafted using a variety of our favorite brassicas including Di Cicco Broccoli, Wild West Kale, Arugula and Sylvetta Arugula, Cress, Collard Greens and a colorful array of lettuce, each contributing its unique characteristics to create a symphony of taste.
Arugula adds a peppery kick and a hint of spiciness, giving your dishes an exciting zing. Cress brings a delightful crispness to every bite. Broccoli microgreens offer a mild and slightly sweet flavor, while Collard Greens provide a robust and earthy note that adds depth to your dishes. The wide and colorful variety of Lettuce introduces a spectrum of vibrant hues, enhancing the visual appeal of your creations. Lastly, the Wild West Kale, in its glorious variety, brings a touch of hearty goodness and a satisfying texture to complete the blend.
Not only does this blend elevate your meals with its diverse flavors, but it also delivers a wide range of essential nutrients. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, these microgreens offer a concentrated dose of goodness!
Sprinkle it on top of salads, sandwiches, or wraps to add a burst of freshness and a nutrient-packed punch. Experiment with adding it to smoothies or juicing for an extra dose of green goodness!
- Start with a 10 x 20-inch tray with holes, or use a disposable food container with holes poked in the bottom for drainage.
- Fill the tray with potting soil, approximately 2 inches deep.
- Lightly water the soil, ensuring it is as moist as a wrung-out sponge.
- Scatter about ½ ounce of microgreen seeds over the soil, or an equivalent amount for the size of the container you are using.
Use less seed if you're growing sprouts for baby salad, or selectively harvest them to leave space for some to grow several inches!
- Sprinkle about ¼ inch of soil over the top of the seeds and pat it down gently.
- Mist the soil with a spray bottle or gently water it to ensure even moisture.
- Check the soil moisture daily and lightly mist if necessary. Avoid overwatering to prevent mold growth.
- Your microgreens should be ready to harvest in 6-14 days.
- For baby salad microgreens, continue harvesting greens for up to 24 days. Cut the microgreens just above the soil line and enjoy!
1 oz of seed covers approximately two 10x20 inch planting trays for sprouts.
You can use less seed if you are growing sprouts for baby salad greens, to leave them more space.